I posted previously on how I FAILED at painting my tile floor.I did this because it is just as important to learn from failure as it is from success.
I did not rush to re-do this project I just kinda took my bruised ego back to the drawing board ( aka Pinterest) and did some more research. Plus I knew I was going to have to remove the remainder of the failed paint job and I kinda dreaded the idea of that.
What I used:
White linen chalk paint
Grey chalk paint
- Paint two coats of the primer with a paint brush and let dry completely in between coats.
- Paint two layers of your base color over the primer (for me it was grey) and let dry completely between coats.
- NOTE:wear socks while walking on your painted floor while working on it. The dirt from your feet tends to rub off on the paint before its sealed.
- Apply painters tape to the edges of your stencil to hold it in place and use your other color (linen white) to roll on with a foam roller over your stencil.
- Let dry completely
- Apply concrete sealer and wait 2 hours and apply another coat of the sealer. Then let the floor cure for at least 24 hours with no foot traffic.
It has been about a 2 months in our main bathroom that everyone uses (kids, husband, dog, visitors) and it has held up beautifully. Not one chip in the paint or yellowing in color.